Posted on 25 May, 2016Comments (0)
Bentworth Parish Neighbourhood Plan
Parishioners may find it useful to have a further progress report on the work undertaken by the Steering Committee, which was formed following the Public Meeting on 27th October 2015.
There has been one change in the membership of the Steering Committee. Alasdair Pepper has been appointed by the Parish Council to take over from Jenny French, who stood down.
The Steering Committee has now had six meetings. Minutes are all being put on the Neighbourhood Plan section of the Parish Council website. But the main business conducted so far can be summarised as follows:
- We have agreed a Charter for the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan, which has been endorsed by the Parish Council; a copy of this is on the Parish Council website
- We have reviewed the Neighbourhood Plans produced by a number of neighbouring parishes, in particular Ropley, Four Marks/Medstead and Bentley and also heard from representatives of these parishes of their experiences of preparing Neighbourhood Plans, with lessons learned
- We have established contact with officials in East Hampshire District Council responsible for Neighbourhood Plans
- We have asked the Parish Council to apply to the Department of Local Communities and Government for a grant from central government to enable us to appoint consultants to assist with the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan
- We have also secured an additional amount of funding from the Parish Council, which will allow us to cover other expenses which might be incurred in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan
- We have taken action to ensure that insurance is in place to cover the work of the Steering Committee
- We have established a dedicated email address, to which parishioners can write with questions/views/comments on the Neighbourhood Plan
- We have ensured that all relevant papers on the Neighbourhood Plan are placed on the Parish Council website
Next steps will be the appointment of consultants and the preparation of a questionnaire to parishioners canvassing views on the issues which will be covered by the
Neighbourhood Plan. Any parishioner who would like to submit views/comments on the Neighbourhood Plan may do so to the following email address, which will be available throughout the process: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Steering Committee will continue to provide regular updates through “The Villager”.